Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cumpleaños feliz

Happy birthday to me.
Tonight there was a dinner/birthday bash at the Spanish school. The teachers, directors and students all pitched in to make the dinner and it was a lot of fun. The food was 'comida tipica' for Guatemala but there was cake afterwards. Later in the night the guitars came out and we had fun drinking, playing, drinking, singing and drinking.

Work wise, unless something exciting happens I am not going to bother you with the details but today was good. I met with the director of Alterna (Steve) and chatted about the battery rejuvenation project. To me it sounds like they have spent a bit of time doing some initial research but are not au fai enough with electronics to know the limitations. That is not to say they are in any way ignorant, just that they have engineers, but not electronics engineers. During the chat it was obvious to me that the outcomes they want are very similar to the ones I wanted to achieve several years ago. They end result of our chat was that I would do research and design on a unit and see if it is an achievable project. I reckon I can make a usable desulphation unit but they want something that can do the job overnight. I think that the current required to do the job would destroy the battery plates in the process. But that is what R&D is about.




Cooking up a storm.



Jorge (my teacher), me and Melinda (a student from Canada) peeling vegies.



Cooking some tomatoes, rice and chook.



This is all the students in the school at the moment
Me, Melinda, Michelle and Susan (daughter and mother).



The end result of the cooking.



All the crew just before the birthday cake.

Location:Xela

No comments:

Post a Comment